Wednesday, August 10, 2011

First of (many) Lasts.....

I am a pretty optimistic person. I always try to be positive about things and not be such a Debby downer! Many optimistic people say "when one door closes another one opens"...well not me, not today. Today was the last "first day of preschool"...EVER! After this year, we will never have another child in preschool. Luci has been running at the speed of light towards growing and going since the day she was born. She had no issues with sleeping in her bed-and we are big co-sleepers-John William slept with us until Cooper came home from the hospital. Luci did not bat an eye when we took away her bottle-she seemed to think she could get her milk faster through a sippy cup. Right after her third birthday, she decided she was done with her pacifier because we told her when she was ready, the Pappy Fairy would bring her a prize and take her pappy's...(I didn't mean I wanted her to do it then) Potty training-a breeze-nothing like dealing with a little boy. So she has pretty much flown right through all the things that are pretty big milestones. And I have accepted them....but not this. I am NOT, I repeat not happy about today. Never again will we have the exciting first day of preschool-never, ever-no more little ones going off to preschool. Next year she will be at the big school with the boys and its all over!! I can't believe how fast time flies. I was looking at her sweet little self last night while she was sleeping (mind you it was after it took a spanking to get her to go to bed) and thinking how I could not believe they are all as big as they are. John William started 5th grade this year-5TH GRADE-is that not ridiculous? And Cooper is in 2nd this year-LAWD,I hope we all survive that! I am amazed at the little people they are becoming. They have their own opinions-usually strong ones-they have their own style and taste-they each have their own individual quirkiness. It is so wonderful how they are all so different and yet so similar. Many times reaching a milestone is a big deal-as is this one-but for me, it is kinda sad. They are just one more day away from flying the coop! (Although, we have John William convinced that the magic number is 40-he has to be 40 to get a girlfriend, 40 for a cell phone, 40 to get married, 40 to move out of the house, etc...)

"Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6


A few pics from the first week of school and a trip down memory lane.....

John William's first day of fifth grade-would barely let me take his picture and there was not any goodbye kisses!
"The spirit is there in every boy; it has to be discovered and brought to light."
Robert Baden-Powell
John William's first day of kindergarten...2006

Cooper and his new 2nd grade teacher! He did let me kiss him but he didn't like it.
"Of all the animals, the boy is the most unmanageable."
Plato
Cooper's first day of kindergarten-2009


Luci on her way in the school for the second time this week-i took her to school Monday morning and when I saw a lone teacher in the parking lot, I asked why no one was at school, to which she replied " Because we start school on Wednesday"...Luci was NOT a happy camper.



Luci and her last preschool teacher Ms. Barbara, who we had with Cooper and was wonderful with him. I can't wait to hear the stories she has to tell about Luci this year!
"Happy girls are the prettiest!" Audrey Hepburn

No comments: