Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First

Lots of first’s from this week and last! Last Thursday was the boys first day back to school. Cooper is in 1st grade and John William is in 4th. I can not believe we have a 4th grader-it seems like they should still be sleeping in our bed with a pacifier!!



John William wasn’t too fired up about 4th grade as the summer was winding down, but since class started he has really enjoyed it. I think he was so glad to get back with his friends and he really seems to be off to a good start. Last year he kinda got in a funk and was very negative about 3rd grade-and sometimes that would show in his work....sloppy!! But he seems to really be taking his time and putting his best foot forward this year. What a difference a few months will make! Plus, we have a great 4th grade teacher this year!



Cooper is in first grade this year and we are super excited! Last year was a great year for him, but it was a little bit of a review for him. He would get done with his work so quickly, which sometimes was a bad thing, but it really pushed him to find something to fill his time. And what he found that he quickly learned to love was reading! That child read so many books last year. He was one of the top three readers in the kindergarten and got a little award at the end of the year. First grade will definitely be a challenge for him and just seeing the work he has brought home in the past few days shows that first grade will not be easy-but that’s exactly what he needs!



Luci actually started back to school on Monday of this week. She was so ready to go to school and cried last week when we dropped the boys off because she couldn’t go to big school with them. That reminds me of a story about my daddy. Apparently Luci wasn’t the only one who didn’t want to be left behind. My grandmother “Mammy” always told me that Daddy would cry every morning when Aunt Nell left for school, so she finally just let him tag along with her to school thinking he would eventually get tired of it and quit going. Well, Daddy never got tired of and because of his age, he ended up having to repeat 7th grade so he wouldn’t be so young when he graduated high school. That man had some determination! And so his little granddaughter... Miss Luci!


Miss Priss also started dance yesterday. She has been obsessed with all things ballerina for about a year now and this summer when she attended the Miss Mississippi Pageant and saw all the dancers, it set off a whole new level of obsession. A while back a friend of ours gave her several old leotards and old dance costumes. She has lived in them all summer. The day I told her I had registered her for dance (back in May) became my worst nightmare! As most people know, Luci talks a lot, like all the time..... I mean ALL THE TIME! So since I told her she would start dance soon, she began asking everyday “Do I go to dance today?” to which I would reply “Not today, you start in August”, to which she would reply with “I am never gonna get to be a ballerina!!! Never, Never, NEVER!!” She so dramatic, I don’t know where she gets it. Obviously, she loved her first day of dance and cried when we had to leave. And what do you think she asked me first thing this morning when I woke her up? Me: “ Good morning sunshine, ready to get dressed for school?” Luci: “Do I go to dance today?” Me: “ No honey, not today, you go on Tuesdays.” Luci “oooh, I am never gonna get to be a ballerina AGAIN!”. Dear Lord!

1 comment:

Neila said...

Great blogging! Keep it up! The kids are so big and super cute! xoxox