Thursday, August 12, 2010

One by one...

So, I decided to focus on each of the kids and tell you all about their little personalaites! And of course being as Southern as we are, I decided it was only appropriate to start with our little lady of the house, Miss Luci.

Luci was named after my grandmother, Lucille and I just knew she would arrive with my dark hair and Jay's blue eyes. Guess what? Didn't happen! Exact opposite! While her hair got lighter and lighter, her eyes got darker and darker!

Luci came into this world with determination.Please feel free to refer back to her arrival blog! I knew when i was delivering Luci and she almost didn't allow me to have an epidural before she arrived, that she was always gonna be the child that did things her way. That still rings true to this day.


I have to say that after havig two boys, I really was ok with not having a girl. All the drama, all the mean girls in high school to deal with, the ridiculous shopping bills, and then there's the whole issue of having to worry about all the different and potential "boy parts" verses only worrying about the ONE your son has!! And I really thought I was safe because really, what are the chances that a third child will be the opposite sex? Slim! But I have to say that I think the Lord knew what he was doing in give her to us. I think Jay Madison would have turned inside out if it had been another boy-he really wanted a girl! And she is definately a Daddy's girl!!

...The father of a daughter is nothing but a high-class hostage. A father turns a stony face to his sons, berates them, shakes his antlers, paws the ground, snorts, runs them off into the underbrush, but when his daughter puts her arm over his shoulder and says, "Daddy, I need to ask you something," he is a pat of butter in a hot frying pan. ~Garrison Keillor



And what might you ask is worse than being a Daddy's girl-being her brother's "pretty princess"as he calls her! John William has been smitten with Luci since before she arrived. He is very responsible for her name! He loved it and pretty much insisted that we WERE having a girl and her name had to be Luci-he said we had too many boys already. I feel so sorry for any boy that has to go through John William to get to Luci! She loves her "Bubba" as she calls him. She will sit with him and he will hold her and hold her hand all the time! It's so cute!

...Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero. ~Marc Brown



Now don't get me wrong, Luci loves Cooper too. Luci and Cooper took a little longer to develiop their love affair! He wasn't real happy about this ">baby "gurl" stealing his thunder! However, over the last year they have really bonded. They have a love/hate relationship, but when they are loving they are "LOVING" and when they are fighting, it's WAR!

...It was nice growing up with someone like you - someone to lean on, someone to count on... someone to tell on! ~Author Unknown



Luci has been such a blessing to your little family. She can warm your heart in two seconds with her sweet little smile. And she is the funniest child you will meet! She is always saying something that makes us roll laughing! She is so prissy and loves to dress up more than anything. She is absolutely the girliest girl you will meet but tough as nails from living with those two knuckle head boys! I can see her in future bossing us all around and being the one to take care of our family!

 


When my daddy got sick I learned alot about the role a daughter plays in the family. I know that my boys will always play a big part in our family and I look forward to being a part of their lives and their families but I know that years down the rode, Miss Luci is going to be taking care of us all!

........A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart. ~Author Unknown

No comments: